The Tweed Coast and Hinterland is home to a multitude of unique and breath-taking natural beauty, and has recently earned its nickname as the North Coasts “Hidden Gem”.
There are few places in Australia where the hinterland meets the ocean, but Tweed is one of them! From pristine crystal beaches, and headlands, to dense rainforests, renowned national parks, and Mt Warning views.
Throughout this special region you will find small seaside towns like Kingscliff, Cabarita Beach and Casuarina Beach, but also have at your fingertips hinterland villages such as Uki, Murwillumbah and Carool. This little pocket of paradise has it all; it’s why we love The Tweed!
As a place that flies underneath the radar, it means there is less tourism than places like Byron Bay, making it more affordable and more secluded.
Here are the Top Reasons we love The Tweed & Hinterland
The Tweed coast is home to beaches with beauty equivalent to those of Byron Bay!
Some of our favourites include:
- Fingal Dreamtime | Where the headland itself is an amazing basalt rock formation that was formed around 23 million years ago by ancient lava flows from the nearby and extinct shield volcano, Mt Warning. Fingal is also known for it’s rich Aboriginal history and is said to protected by ancient ancestral spirits ‘Ineroogun’, or the Black Dog of Fingal.
- Burleigh Heads | The Burleigh foreshore is home to towering fragrant pine trees characteristic of the coast and in this parkland there are plenty of places in which to picnic or barbecue. If the incredibly beautiful ocean isn’t for you, then Burleigh Heads also offers it’s stunning national park that wraps around the headland, giving views of the ocean on the left plus numerous walking trails and wildlife to experience!
- Froggy beach Coolangatta | Hidden down the south end of the coast there is a walking track that takes you from the southern end of Coolangatta, through Snapper Rocks and Rainbow Bay. There you will find a bright green frog painted on the rock on the hill! This quiet little beach is sheltered from the wind and is a perfect place for a picnic with the family or a sunbake.
- Hastings Point, Kingscliff | Hastings Point is situated approximately 20 minutes south of the NSW/QLD border. This little township offers a very picturesque headland with 180degree views of the sparkling blue ocean. Once atop the headland, it’s very hard to leave! This ideal spot is utterly captivating and undeniably beautiful, little tacks shoot off to all different areas around the headland to explore, and one main path leads to the crystal clear blue ocean where you can explore the rock pools, walk along the shore, or dive straight in. A must see!
Nestled within the hills are some of Tweed finest restaurants, and wedding venues. With lush greenery, wide open spaces and picturesque views!
Some of our favourite places include:
- Summergrove Estate, Carool | Panoramic hinterland views, manicured gardens, and one of the most beautiful chapels you’ll ever see!
- Adreena, Carool | Surrounded by stunning open green fields and untouched rainforest. A blank canvas for your elopement.
- Mavis’s Kitchen, Uki | A cosy country style restaurant, open-air barn, and organic veggie gardens! A must for those who adore the hinterland.
- Crystal Creek Rainforest | Bordered on three sides by World Heritage National Park, private and secluded.
THE TWEED COAST
We have recently teamed up with the Tweed Coast Guide to help you find all things eat, drink, sleep, and play while you in The Tweed! It’s a premium wedding visitor guide for the Tweed Coast and Tweed Valley region, designed for couples, guests, and visitors. From accommodation, to the best restaurants, and favourite outdoor places, they have it covered.
What’s this means for you:
– An exclusive discount is offered to our Luxe Elopements couples who book accommodation through the Tweed Coast Guide
– Tweed Coast Weddings + Tweed Coast Guide have discounted and direct rates will all types of accommodation exclusively in the region for weddings.
– Offering a free, personalised service for you and your guests to get you booked into the local accommodation providers at discounted rates.
– Once your wedding is registered, Tweed Coast Guide can see where all their guests are booking to ensure that they are all kept together
– Assistance with restaurant bookings, and pre/post recovery function bookings around the Tweed Coast, tours and attractions.